Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a natural environment.
The Outdoor School at Woodland Adventurers® approach to learning is based on our own Ethos and Values. We apply this approach to everything we do.
Learning can take place anywhere, both indoors and outdoors. In fact we believe that all national curriculum subject requirements can be achieved to the highest level by using nature and the outdoors.
In the outdoors, children are more excited, more relaxed and more engaged. Therefore they are super receptive to learning any topic. So whether it is building their social skills, their self esteem / self confidence, mathematics, English, science or other subject by using the outdoors we give them a sense of freedom and ownership.
We aim to spend more than 80% of our time outdoors. The other 20% is for retreating in extreme weathers and to be cosy if the camp fire isn't sufficient! This provides the reassurance that your child has choice and somewhere to keep warm in all weathers.